Richland Township Trick or Treat 10/31
Richland Township Trick or Treat is on Monday, October 31st from 6pm-8pm.
The Richland Township Police will be patrolling throughout the neighborhoods and handing out treats!
Here are some tips that we have to help keep you safe on Trick or Treat night.
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Plan a trick-or-treating route in familiar neighborhoods with well-lit streets.
- Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you. WALK and don’t run from house to house.
- Be careful when you cross a street. Make sure to look in both directions and make sure that there are no cars coming. If you have a little brother or sister with you, take their hand and help them get across the street, too.
- Choose bright costumes, and have children carry flashlights or glow sticks so they are easily visible. (Hint – Try adding reflective tape to costumes and candy bags!)
- Never, ever go into a strangers house or even ring their door for treats unless your parents are with you and say that it’s okay.
- Always walk younger children to the door to receive treats.
- Be sure children do not approach any vehicle, occupied or not, unless you are with them.
- Never accept rides from strangers.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.
- Make sure children know your cellphone number, their home telephone number, and address in case you are separated.
- Consider giving them a cellphone so they can reach you easily.
- Teach children how to call 911 in an emergency.
- Teach children to say “NO!” in a loud voice if someone tries to get them to go somewhere, accept anything other than a treat, or leave with them. Tell them to try everything they can to escape, including yelling, hitting, and kicking.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!